Progress. The last few days have been spent wiring in and calibrating a touch probe, installing and learning to use a misting coolant system, plumbing air for the coolant system and butterfly impact wrench for tooling changes, building an enclosure around the mill, studying speeds and feeds calculations and updating my cam files to match the new machine, procuring any needed material and trits for the upcoming orders, relocating my lathe, and building a new horizontal disc grinder setup. I finally got to run some ‘real’ parts this morning. These are tellurium copper weights before getting the radius and final OD completed. I am thrilled with the results. As I hoped I cut these in 1/5 the time and with a better finish. Game on!


I bought a Sieg KX1. Smaller than I wanted but plenty capable of milling all but the hardest stuff.